A unique program for children currently enrolled in Prince William County Schools. Children ages 6-14 with behavioral health issues- ADHD, ODD, depression or related disorders that often prevent them from enjoying summer camp – will have the opportunity to develop educational, creative, leadership and social skills over the summer while working with small groups in therapy activities.
- June 27 — August 12, 2016 (7 weeks, *No camp on July 4, 2016)
- Camp Hours: 9:00‐2:30 Weekdays
- Extended Day Available: 2:30 p.m. to 400 p.m. (*Transportation not available after 2:30pm)
- Activities: Dance, Film, Music, Theater, Visual Arts, Social Skills*, Sports, Leadership Training and Field Trips
- 7 week Camp: $2150 (Program Fee only)
- A non-refundable registration fee of $300 is due by Friday, May 15th.
- Extended Day: Additional $200 (2:30 – 4:00 p.m.), (*Transportation not available after 2:30pm)
- Transportation: Additional $100 for 7 weeks
- Early Bird Registration Special: $200 Discount if paid in full by April 30, 2016
Who Can Participate In The Arts Plus Camp?
Youth who are currently enrolled in Prince William County schools who are rising 1st grade to rising 9th grade with behavioral health related issues (i.e., ADHD, depression, ODD, or related disorders) to develop their educational, creative, leadership and social skills over the summer.
Contact: For more information please call (703) 659-4524.
Click here to download the Summer Art Program Application 2016
Extended Care is not available for Therapeutic Day Treatment participants. In addition, all Therapeutic Day Treatment participant fees are covered by Medicaid to include registration and transportation.
What is the YFT Summer Arts Plus?
The YFT Summer Arts Plus is a unique program that provides opportunities for rising 1st grade to rising 9th grade students with behavioral health related issues (i.e., ADHD, depression, ODD, or related disorders) to develop their educational, creative, leadership and social skills over the summer. The program is tailored to each child’s behavioral, emotional, and learning needs. The ultimate goal is to build on a child’s social and academic skills so they can return to school ready to succeed.
The program is carried out under the supervision of youth professionals, arts instructors and specially trained staff, Youth participate in fun and recreational learning activities such as art, drama, cartooning, and sports to help identify life-long interests and hobbies. Youth participate daily in therapeutically based educational, creative and recreational activities as well as group problem solving, social skills training and other treatment strategies such as Heartmath*.
The Summer Learning Academy works to achieve the following goals:
- Improve interaction with other youth and adults
- Identify creative interest
- Develop life skills and social awareness
- Learn to improve attention & concentration
- Learn to follow through with instructions, complete tasks & comply with adult requests
- Improve self-esteem while developing creative, recreational and academic skills
Children will be provided a nutritionally-balanced breakfast and lunch.
*Introducing Smart Brain Wise Heart Program to Summer Arts Plus Participants!
Join our newest program called Smart Brain Wise Heart and learn some simple tools and cool technology that will help you become a better you! These tools will help you stop stress in its tracks, experience more calm in difficult situations and make better decisions.
This fun program will help you identify some good things about yourself that you didn’t know and allow you to use some great technology to help you take charge of yourself, anytime, anyplace.
The Smart Brain Wise Heart program will be offered by program staff who are trained from a Heart Certified trainer.